Friday, February 10, 2006

PowerPoint

PowerPoint presentations for me have always felt long and boring. That's just my general reaction to PowerPoint. I've sat through enough of these horrible presentations, that whenever I hear "PowerPoint" I instantly groan inwardly. I spent a year as a TA for the UofA teaching intermedate Java courses. At the UofA, the undergrad CS TAs got to actually lecture for 1 hour a week and host lab hours for a subsection of the class. I always attempted to stay away from PowerPoints as much as possible, I tried to get as much interaction going within the class as possible. But this presentation is amazing. It's not quite a PowerPoint, it's a Keynote presentation... but it's the same concept and has the same pitfalls in unskilled hands. But no... the presentation itself is amazing. A coworker labeled this kind of presenting as almost a rapping feel... to me it feels like a movie, a short fast moving film perhaps. In anycase, it captures you attention like nothing else I've seen. I encourage you to watch this, even if you know nothing on the subject matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home