Wednesday, February 08, 2006

refresh phoenix

I went to the Refresh Phoenix meeting last night. If you've never heard of Refresh I encourge you google it and see if you have a local group setup. Last night's meeting was great. We had a guest speaker, Adrian Sannier, the Technology Officer of ASU. Not only did he cover some really interesting topics, but he presented them in a way that was so entertaining and fun to listen to/watch that it felt he could have been talking about anything and I would have enjoyed it. This was the second Refresh Phoenix meet I've attended. I've enjoyed both of them... and plan on attending them every month if at all possible. I've met some great people, and have already found a group of people with whom I will be working on some side projects on. However the thing I really like about it is the feeling of being part of a community. It's hard to describe, but it reminds me of being in college again. I'm sure everyone's experiences in college varies, but being in Computer Science meant that you were surrounded by geeks who love technology and often times love to discuss it. Once graduated and started working, it feels like I've lost touch with that group of people (not specifically the people I went to college with) who love technology and like to just hang out and discuss random things. Maybe it's just the place I work. Maybe I'm just crazy. But hanging out with people I've meet through Refresh Phoenix reminds me of hanging out with Steve and Ron after a long night of working on Automata homework.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home