Friday, April 21, 2006

only a matter of time

My schedule from week to week usually looks something like this: Monday: Work @ eldorado until 5. Go home & work on Grid7 until 10 or go to Refresh/Ruby Group until 11. Tuesday: Work until 5. Hike until 7. Go home & Grid7 until 10. Wednesday: Work until 5. Go home & work on Grid7 until 10. Thursday: Work until 5. Movie night until 11. Friday: Work until 5. Happy hour/night out. Saturday: Day Hike or Grid7 work. Night out. Sunday: Grid7 Meeting or Day Hike. As it is... I can't find enough time to get caught up at my day job and Grid7. At the same time I try to find time for myself, but it's hard unless it's part of my weekly schedule. I need to take some time off of work soon...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben,
you've been kickin' major ass on G7 development but don't burn yourself out between that and your dayjob. I'm spread thin myself on a bunch of stuff and i have to constantly force myself to close the laptop lid at night and decompress with a movie or a book or friends. I'll ask Kimbro to delegate some rails dev to Jim and Mark and you should plan to take some time off for yourself- you'll be more jazzed and effective when you come back to it. My vacation in mexico in mexico 2wks ago was key in re-energizing me.

Believe me the Trac changeset log speaks for itself and nobody will fault you if you need to go offlist and take a break. You've done solid work thus far and everyone notices. Kimbro and I have a mission to make sure this all pays off for people like yourself that are putting in the time & dedication - we will do everything possible to make this stuff worthwhile.

sean

4/25/2006 10:23:00 PM

 
Blogger Ben said...

Sean, thanks for the concern. I should be good on time/energy at least until the conclusion of our first G7 project. I'm just disapointed that I cannot devote as much time to all the different things going on in my life right now (including my day job =/).

4/25/2006 10:38:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home