Tuesday, June 06, 2006

ActionMailer debugging

I started playing around with ActionMailer a few days ago. I followed the wiki tutorial without much trouble. Well, with the illusion of no troubles. When I started testing the code, nothing seemed to work. I didn't receive any of the emails that ActionMailer appeared to be sending. My development.log looked fine, my ActionMailer configuration seemed ok, but still nothing worked. It felt a bit like stumbling around a dark room, stubbing my toes on various peices of furniture, but unable to find a light switch. Well here's your light switch: ActionMailer::Base.raise_delivery_errors = true Drop that line in your development.rb and you'll see all the errors generated by ActionMailer. The wiki tutorial doesn't mention this. The fact that errors are turned off by default seems a little weird to me... I personally would think that errors would be on by default.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home